12.01.2016

Holiday Party Makeup Tutorial


It's that time of the year where most of us are plagued with Christmas work parties, family dinners and various other festivities, while this can all be really fun, picking out makeup looks for all these events can be difficult if you're lacking motivation. So for all of you out there searching for an easy glam look for the Christmas season, look no further because this look is super easy and you only need a few key products to put it together. 

For my base I stared out with moisturiser and the mac prep and prime to get my skin ready for my foundation. I always use the mac water weight foundation because it feels so light on my skin and never breaks me out. If you're looking for a little more coverage I'd recommend trying makeup forever HD foundation because it still offers the barely there feeling while being a little more buildable (is buildable even a word? probably not). I then go in with my la girl concealer for under my eyes, my chin and my forehead. I use the shade porcelain because it not only conceals really well but it acts as a very subtle highlight. For contouring, highlighting and blush i use the extremely affordable w7 hollywood glow palette and a nars blush in the shade orgasm.

Moving on to the eyes and brows I use my anastasia beverly hills dip brow in medium brown. This pomade has been my go to for over two years now and I don't think I could imagine my morning routine without it! Then for eyeshadow I prime my lids with the urban decay eye shadow potion and smooth it over with a light eyeshadow shade, any bone colour would work well. I then use the warm toned mac pre made eyeshadow palette mixing a light brown and burnt orange shade together for the crease, the outer corner and below my bottom waterline. I then go back in with a bone coloured shade in the middle of my lid to act as a base for the gold glitter. Finally I use some fake eyelashes I bought off aliexpress for only a dollar. That's right ladies and gentlemen, one dollar. No shipping. There are some pretty bad quality falsies on aliexpress so you have to be careful what you're putting on your eyes but these ones were fantastic and even came in a pack of five. 

Last but definitely not least, I use the kylie lip kit in Candy K. There's been a lot of controversy over Kylie cosmetics and I feel conflicted when talking about them online. The formula is fantastic on both the lipliner and the lipstick but the led of my liner broke very easily and now keeps slipping back into the pencil. I also find the smell too overwhelming and it usually gives me a bit of a headache when I leave the lipstick on for a long time. There are good aspects and bad aspects to every product though and Kylie has released some really beautiful shades over the lifespan of her company and I don't think these problems would stop me from buying for her again. 

Thats my holiday party tutorial for you guys, I really hope you enjoy it and if you try it out be sure to tag me in your selfies on instagram so i can see! Also let me know in the comments if you'd like to see a tutorial with some more Christmas-y colours. Happy Holidays! xx

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment